Participating to the Technical Committee 96‘s regulatory work concerning the standard EN61558 for transformers, as a CEI (Italian Electrotechnical Committee) effective member, allows us to provide our customers a qualified regulatory expertise, also with visibility on future regulatory developement.
- We provide to the customer a serious and qualified support throughout the design of every custom component, avoiding costly reiterations during the device’s certification process.
- We can provide a qualified support for defining safety requirements (creepage, clearance, DTI, dielectric strength) according to IEC61347, EN61558 and all the standards that refer to it.
- We are specialized in designing and supplying custom products, achieving the best results by reducing developement time and costs.
- In absence of volumes that justify type tests, we can supply EN61558 compliant standard products.
- We use an IT system to effectively manage and store all the data necessary to meet the requirements, also during the product’s whole lifetime.
- All standard mains transformers are tested to be compliant with the current european regulamentations and for CE marking.
- The execution of type tests for CE conformity can be agreed also for custom products, at the express request and against payment, though typically verifying conformity while approving the device is more convenient.
- The other products are components by nature. They are therefore subcontracted, as a semi-finished product, with features that meet the customer’s requirements and conceived for being used in specific equipment. These products are often used in equipment subject to standards other than EN61558.
- As a Downstream User of chemical substances and as a Manufacturer/Importer of articles, the EUROPEAN REGULATION N. 1907/2006 (REACH) provides for specific obligations.
To meet such obligations we computerised the processes necessary to guarantee the internal surveys, those throughout the supply chain and the transmission of information to the customers.
- Thanks to this system, those customers that need to be informed about a substance under the REACH regulation receive a semiannual REACH Declaration of Conformity, consistently updated, relating to the products bought within 12 months prior to the declaration.
Itacoil supports “Conflict Minerals” dispositions according to 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall-Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
Itacoil obtained from the suppliers the information about the origin of gold, tin, tantalum and tungsten used in their products, and keeps them up to date with a view to ensuring that the materials are “Conflict Free”, and undertakes to:
- Not knowingly get the specified metals coming from mines in the “Conflict Region”, not “Conflict Free” certified.
- Ensure compliance with these requirements, and to require the suppliers to properly assess their supply chains in order to ensure that the specified metals come only from:
- Mines and foundries outside the “Conflict Region”
- Mines and foundries which have been “Conflict Free” certified by an indipendent third body, if localized outside the “Conflict Region”.